Updated January 2020
Would you like to customize your WooCommerce Product Page?
In this article I’ll show you how to customize every element of your WooCommerce Product Page – here’s what we’ll cover
- How to fully customize the layout of the WooCommerce Product Page
- How to change the layout of the WooCommerce Product Image
- How to change the size of the WooCommerce Page Product Image
- How to change the WooCommerce Product Page background
- How to change the WooCommerce Product Page template
- Hand pick which related products to show to increase up sells and cross sells
- How to make the WooCommerce Product Page image full width
- How to replace the WooCommerce Product image with a video
- How to turn on and off Product Gallery Images
- How to change the font, color and size of the WooCommerce Product title
- How to change the position of the WooCommerce Product tabs
- How to change the position of the WooCommerce Product reviews
- How to add custom fields to the WooCommerce Product Page
- How to change the order of the fields on the WooCommerce Product Page
- How to change the style of the WooCommerce Product Page add to cart button
- How to change the related products shown on the Product page
Here are some examples of WooCommerce Product pages that have been customized (no coding required)
This is what you will learn how to do – each of these WooCommerce Product Pages have been customized and built in a matter of minutes with WooBuilder Blocks.
WooBuilder Blocks is a WordPress plugin that lets you customize the WooCommerce Single Product Page for a single product, a category of products, or for all your products.
WooBuilder Blocks is built to be super fast and lean, because no Page Builder required, so it won’t slow down your website.
Here’s what we’ll cover
- How WooBuilder Blocks works with the new Gutenberg Block Editor
- What WooCommerce Product Page customization options are possible
- Step by step instructions on how to create an amazing WooCommerce Product Page with no coding
- Examples of products that have been customized
- How to create templates that can be applied to mulitiple products.
WooBuilder Blocks works on any theme!
You can customize the layout of the WooCommerce Product Page using any WordPress theme, for example, Divi, Storefront, Astra, Ocean WP, Avada, Enfold, Flatsome, Genesis, BeTheme, Twenty Nineteen, Salient, and Sydney.
Here’s the tutorial – Here’s how to customize the WooCommerce Product Page
How to customize the WooCommerce Single Product Page
WooBuilder Blocks uses the new Gutenberg Block editor to create awesome looking WooCommerce Product Pages.
Here’s a highlights video of WooBuilder Blocks in action
WooBuilder Blocks walkthrough video
Here’s a longer walkthrough video of WooBuider Blocks, where you’ll see the process from start to finish on how easy it is to customize the WooCommerce Product Listings page.
Here’s how WooBuilder Blocks works
Step 1 – Add products details into WooCommerce Product as normal. Save or publish the product and then click ‘Enable WooBuilder Blocks”
We’ve built a whole bunch of new blocks that lets you build any layout using the Gutenberg Editor.
WooBuilder Blocks include; add to cart block, product title, product price, short description, product image, product reviews and product meta.
You choose where and if you use them :)
WooCommerce Single Product Blocks included with WooBuilder Blocks
You can add these WooBuilder Blocks anywhere within your new WooCommerce Page layout.
Each Block also comes with it’s own set of customization options. For example it’s now easy to change the font, font size, font color of the WooCommerce Product title, and the WooCommerce add to cart.
Step 2 – Create your new design using the Gutenberg Block editor and WooBuilder Blocks
Top tip – to create complex grid layouts for your WooCommerce Product Page then consider using a specialized Gutenberg based layout block like either the Caxton Layout Block, or the Kadance Layout Block.
Step 3 – Publish your new WooCommerce Product page design
You can then use your new WooCommerce Product Page design as a template and apply it to multiple products using categories and tags
How to create Templates to to multiple WooCommerce Products using categories and tags
If you want to apply your new super duper WooCommerce Product Listing Page designs to multiple products then you can use the WooBuilder Template system. It’s incredibly easy to get working and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how it works.
WooCommerce Single Product A / B Split testing
WooBuilder Blocks also comes with an A / B Split Testing Block. This lets you test different versions of the same product and then choose the winner.
Here’s a video walkthrough of the WooCommerce Split Testing Block.
Example products built with WooBuilder Blocks and Gutenberg
Use our Pagebuilder Pro plugin to customize the WooCommerce Single Product Page
If you are not using Gutenberg yet, then you can use our PageBuilder Pro plugin and the WooBuilder module you can just drag and drop the various WooCommerce Product elements to where you would like them to appear and completely customize the layout of your WooCommerce Products.
How to customize the WooCommerce Product Page
This video shows you how you can;
- Create a unique layout for your WooCommerce Product Pages
How to create templates of your WooCommerce Product Page
What’s more, you can also create re-usable templates of your stunning new WooCommerce Product Pages and apply them in 1 click to your other products.
This video shows you how you can
- Create a unique WooCommerce Product Page layout
- Create a template out of that unique Product Page
- Apply that template to your products
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to customize the WooCommerce Product Page
- Create your WooCommerce Product
Create your WooCommerce product the normal way and enter all information, including price , product image and other details
- Publish your WooCommerce Product
It’s important that you then publish your Product
- Click on the Product Builder red button
Now you will just need to click on the red ‘Product Builder’ button. This will open up a page in the live editor, with just one row.
- Design your Product
Now you can drag and drop the WooCommerce modules from the left hand customizer into your page. We’ve create a whole range of modules including Product image, add to basked, product tabs, add to basket, reviews and more
- Publish your new WooCommerce design
In your Admin toolbar click publish
Now you can use your design as a template for your other new products. Just go to dashboard / pagebuilder / setting.
An example of a customized WooCommerce Product Page
On the left is the default WooCommerce Product Page layout, and on the right is an example of a layout built with our WooBuilder plugin.
How it works
Create your unique WooCommerce Product Page is really easy
- Create your WooCommerce Product
- Click on the red ‘Product Builder’ button
- Design your new WooCommerce Product layout
- Use your new design as a template for other WooCommerce producdts
How do I change the layout of a product in WooCommerce?
Our WooBuilder Blocks plugin lets you change the layout of your WooCommerce Product Page. It uses the new Gutenberg Block Editor so that you can create any layout you can imagine. In addition WooBuilder Blocks also gives you extra options including Split Testing.
How do I override a WooCommerce template?
You can either dive into the code or use the WooBuilder Blocks plugin :) WooBuilder automatically overrrides the normal WooCommerce template so you can change the design easily.
Can I create WooCommerce Product Page templates that I can use on multiple products?
Yes. With WooBuilder Blocks you can save your design as a template and then apply to multiple products using WooCommerce Categories and Tags.
Does WooBuilder Blocks work on every theme?
Yes. WooBuilder Blocks is designed to be theme neutral. We’ve tested on most of the most popular WordPress themes, including Astra, Divi, Avada, GeneratePress, WPOcean and many more.
Can I A/B test different WooCommerce product layouts?
A/B testing (or Split Testing) is when you test out two versions of your WooCommerce product (here’s a good article with more detail on how A/B testing works). WooBuilder Blocks now comes with a Split Testing Block. This lets you run multiple versions and layouts of the same WooCommerce product. The Split Testing Block gives you real time statistics on which has been the most successful layout. Finally you can select the winning layout as your choice.