Our WordPress plugins and themes
Some legal background information regarding refunds relating to digital products.
Please note that in law, digital products are classed differently to physical products. Digital products (e.g WordPress plugins) are given their own unique category under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and are therefore not defined as services or physical goods.
Legally this means that because of the nature of digital products, once a digital product (i.e WordPress plugin) has been downloaded by a customer, then that customer is not automatically entitled to a refund (unless the digital product is faulty). There is a further explanation of how the law deals with digitally downloaded products here.
To read the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) for each of our plugins, please click on the links below. Please note, these terms and conditions are also displayed on the checkout page prior to purchase.
- Storefront Pro EULA
- WooBuilder Blocks EULA
- Storefront Blocks EULA
- Product Table Blocks EULA
- PageBuilder EULA
- 18tags Pro EULA
Below is a simplified explanation of our terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions:
- Plugin refunds: Due to the nature of downloadable products, we cannot offer refunds on digital purchases (e.g WordPress plugins). However, if you have a technical issue that we are unable to fix, then we are more than happy to provide a refund within 14 days of your purchase. However please allow us to try and fix your issue before asking for a refund.
- Please allow us to try and help you. If we are unable to resolve the issue for you, then we are more than happy to provide a refund. We are only able to issue refunds for technical issues that we cannot fix, if requested within 14 days of the purchase.
- We can only offer refunds if your website meets the minimum hosting requirements for WordPress.
- Subscription renewal refunds: We send out renewal emails to all customers 30 days prior to renewal with instructions on how to cancel. If you forget to cancel a licence subscription and the licence is subsequently renewed we are unable to provide a refund.
- Trial refunds. We offer a free 14 day trial for a number of our WordPress plugins. Customers can cancel these trials at any time within the 14 days. We also send out an email two days prior to the end of the trial with cancellation instructions. If you forget to cancel a trial and payment is made we are unable to issue a refund.
- Bundle purchases cannot be refunded. The purchase of bundles is provided at considerable value and so is also at a much more significant cost to us.
- Please open a support ticket before asking a refund for a technical issue.
All PootlePress plugins and themes are sold and licensed under the GPL licence.
WordPress training, WordPress Xpress and the Pootlepress Academy
- All payments are required in full prior to the courses.
- Payments for Pootlepress courses, WordPress Xpress and the Pootlepress Academy are non refundable.
- WordPress Xpress is a service where we spend 1 day helping you build your website in 1 day. It is not always possible to completely finish the website in 1 day, but we give you guidance or instructions on how to finish it.
- For our Group Courses if you cannot make your booked date then we are unable to refund the cost of the course. However if you are able to give at least 2 weeks notice, we will do our best to accommodate you on a future course.