‘Step by step’ instructions on how to customize the WooCommerce Shop Page
Updated: November 25th, 2019
Here’s a really simple way that you can customize the WooCommerce shop page.
The default WooCommerce Shop Page is dynamically built and pre-set and normally you don’t have any control in how it is designed. The WooCommerce Shop Page is one of the most important pages on your site, so the more control over the layout you have, the better.
If you follow my tutorial below you will have 100% control over the design of your WooCommerce Shop page, the products that you show, and the sections contained within it.
The good news is that you won’t need a page builder so you site will load really fast – you just need to use the new WordPress Block editor (Gutenberg) and our Storefront Blocks plugin. So read on :)
The plugins you’ll need to customize the WooCommerce Shop Page
The page below was customized using the following WordPress plugins – both these plugins work with the new Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Storefront Blocks (available as a free trial – click here to read more)
- Storefront Blocks lets you override the default WooCommerce Shop page design and layout without requiring any code. It also contains 8 premium WooCommerce Blocks, including a Product Table Block, a Square Grid Block, a Masonry Product Block, a Product Slider Block, a Product Carousel Block, and a Product Category Block.
- WooCommerce Blocks (now included with WooCommerce)
- WooCommerce Blocks allow you to select and display products across your site. It lets you show products by featured, best sellers, hand-picked, on-sale, and by category and tag. The latest version of WooCommerce Blocks has added pagination – great for stores with lots of products.
Customized WooCommerce Shop Page Example
Below is an example WooCommerce Shop Page that has been customized using this technique. I’ve annotated it to show you what WordPress Blocks were used to create it.
The good news is that with the new WordPress Block editor it is very easy to customise your WooCommerce Shop Page anyway you like. Your page can look completely different to the one above.
Just follow the steps below to make a much better looking WooCommerce Shop page and increase your sales.
The 4 simple steps to customize your WooCommerce shop
For this to work you will need the Storefront Blocks plugin active as this lets you override the WooCommerce default shop page design with your own layout. If the Storefront Blocks plugin is not active then the default WooCommerce shop page layout will show.
- Create a brand new page (this is going to be your new WooCommerce shop page). You can call this page whatever your like e.g Store
- Customize the design and layout or your new Store page using a combination of Storefront Blocks, WooCommerce blocks or any third party WordPress Blocks.
- Set this page to be your new WooCommerce Shop page in WooCommerce / Settings / Products
- Add this page to your menu
Video tutorial – how to customize the WooCommerce shop page
Here’s the finished customized WooCommerce Shop Page
The animated gif below shows you the finished customized WooCommerce Shop page