Updated – 7th January, 2020
The WooCommerce Storefront theme comes with a home page template that automatically brings your products and categories into a page.
You’ll typically start with the following headings
- Shop by Category
- New in
- We recommend
- Fan favourites
- On sale
- Best sellers
It’s great because it’s automated, however the downside is that you are then stuck with the order and layout of the page.
But don’t worry there is a really easy way for you to customize your WooCommerce Storefront home page.
To customize your Storefront Theme home page just follow the following steps
- When viewing the home page click edit page
- Change the template from ‘home page’ to default or full width. This is found over on the right.
- Now add your blocks (shown in my tutorial below)
Below you can see a much more exciting WooCommerce Storefront Home page
This was built using the three plugins listed below and the new WordPress block editor :)
- Storefront Pro – a plugin that lets you customize the WooCommerce Storefront theme
- Storefront Blocks – beautiful WooCommerce blocks (products slider, masonry grids, carousels)
- WooCommerce Blocks – show WooCommerce products within your pages
Storefront Pro and Storefront Blocks are optional but using them will help you take your designs to the next level.
The finished result
This is what it looks like in the block editor
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below,