I’ve had quite a few requests recently to run an online WooThemes Canvas Theme Masterclass. So on October 17th, 6pm-8pm (GMT), I will be running our first virtual WooThemes Canvas Masterclass. The cost for the Masterclass is $75 per person and will cover all you need to know so you can build a great looking website with the Canvas Theme from WooThemes.
You can book your place at the bottom of this post or if you have any questions about the Masterclass please get in touch.
WooThemes Canvas online Masterclass Agenda
Thursday 17th October, 2013, 6-8pm, GMT
Only 6 spaces available (sold out)
SOLD OUT (I will be running another masterclass in November, please contact me if you are interested in attending)
Pre-requisites: You should be familiar with using WordPress before taking this course. The masterclass will take place using Google Hangout so you will to set this up prior to the course (it only takes 5 mins).
How the course works
- The course is live, interactive and ‘hands-on’ and run by me (Jamie Marsland)
- I will walk you through ‘step by step’ how to get the most from your Canvas website.
- We supply each attendee a training website – with Canvas installed – on which to learn.
- Your training website will be kept live for you for 1 year after the course so that you can practice what you have learnt during the session.
- You can ask questions throughout the session.
- Installation and configuration of Canvas
- Canvas Page templates and why they are important
- How to add sliders
- How to add a slider to your homepage
- How to add sliders to specific pages
- How to set up your blog
- How to create a featured slider on your blog
- How to create different blog designs
- How to use WooThemes shortcodes
- How to use column layout
- Designing the header, navigation and changing fonts
- Positioning logo and styling widgets
- Using Woo widgets
- Connecting your website to social media
- How to create a great looking FAQ page
- How to add a contact form
- How to create a great looking Portfolio
- How to add social media icons to header
- How to add terms and conditions to your footer
- How to tweak Canvas with simple CSS
- How to update your Canvas Theme