Do you want to learn WordPress?
Our WordPress course will give you the knowledge to create, manage and run a great WordPress website
Only £125 + vat per person
The WordPress Training Course is run by me Jamie Marsland.
I’ve trained over 5000 people on WordPress in the past 10 years, and our WordPress plugins are used by thousands of customers worldwide. So we really know WordPress.
I’ve helped individuals, small organisations and major brands with training for WordPress. I also run WordPress courses for the Guardian Newspaper as part of their Digital Masterclass Series.
If you have any questions about the course, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me on 07909 449 617.
WordPress Course dates
|WordPress course Dates||Location||Places|
|February 8th||Online via Zoom||SOLD OUT|
|March 8th||Online via Zoom||SOLD OUT|
|April 12th||Online via Zoom||SOLD OUT|
|May 17th||Online via Zoom||SOLD OUT|
|June 14th||Online via Zoom||SOLD OUT|
|July 19th||Online via Zoom||8|
Over 100 Five Star Reviews on Facebook and Google Reviews
Attended the 1 day WordPress course in London on Monday and all I can say is “WOW!”.
The WordPress course was exactly what I needed and I learnt so much in the time that I was there.
I attended a 1 day WordPress training course with Jamie and it was brilliant. Interactive and easy to follow, you will walk away from the course knowing how to build your own website and the best way to do it.
I attended the 1 day WordPress course at Cheltenham, I had no knowledge of WordPress at the start and came away feeling totally confident, Jamie teaching style is superb.
WordPress course booking form
Only £125 + vat per person
10am – 3pm
Live and interactive via zoom
Select your date and venue below and click on the large ‘Book’ button. It will take you to Paypal to pay. If you don’t have a Paypal account you can pay as a guest via Paypal, with any credit or debit card. If you can only pay via invoice please email email@example.com to arrange payment.
WordPress Training bundle
Save over £100 with my training Bundle. The bundle combines all my training courses in one cost-saving package.
- Learn WordPress in 1 day Course
- WordPress Xpress – Private WordPress training and website build. I’ll build your new website with you in 1 day and teach you how to maintain and update it.
- SEO for beginners course – My beginners SEO course will show you how to improve your Google rankings and drive more traffic to your website.
- Club Pootle – 6-month Membership to my on-demand WordPress and SEO courses and access to a private Facebook Group to get ongoing help and support.
Only £695 + vat
WordPress Course agenda
- Time 10am – 3pm (British Summer Time)
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (PC, Mac or Chromebook) as the WordPress course is ‘hands-on’
- Attendees get the presentation slides used on the WordPress course
- Attendees get video tutorials of the WordPress course
- Attendees get a training WordPress website to practice on for one year
- This WordPress course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website or if you have an existing website and you want to learn how to maintain and improve it.
- No experience required. This WordPress course is great for beginners and for those that have some experience with WordPress.
- As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- How to install and set up a WordPress website with your domain name
- The costs involved in building a WordPress website
- Recommended WordPress hosting companies
How to create content with WordPress
- How to use the new WordPress Block Editor (Gutenberg)
- How to add WordPress Blocks
- How to create advanced layouts with the new WordPress Block Editor
- How to create professional-looking pages and posts
- How to add links into your pages
- Inserting and embedding media – images, youtube video, audio
- Top 10 WordPress Blocks to use on your WordPress websites
- WordPress content management explained
- An explanation of WordPress Pages, Posts and widgets
- How to manage content in WordPress
- How to add images and video
- How to use Categories and Tags to organise your information
Structuring your WordPress website
- How to create and arrange WordPress menus and navigation
- How to use WordPress widgets
- How to create a blog with WordPress
- How to create a brochure website
- How to create a WordPress website with a blog
- How to turn off reader comments
- How to monitor and moderate comments
- How to stop spam
- An overview of WordPress Themes and how can you use them
- How to install a WordPress theme
- How to customize the design of your WordPress Theme
- How to tell what WordPress Themes other websites are using
- Top 10 recommended WordPress themes
- An overview of WordPress plugins
- How to install WordPress plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to set up an online shop with WordPress
- How to use WordPress plugins to improve your website’s functionality
WordPress and Search Engine optimisation
- How to rank better on Google
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- How to SEO optimise your images
- How to create Rich Snippets in the search results page
- Best practices when linking
- How to make sure your WordPress website is secure
- How to back up your WordPress website
How to take advantage of the social web
- How to share your content on other social networks
- Auto-posting to Twitter and Facebook
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
Following this WordPress course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve an existing WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand and use WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Step by step video tutorials of the course
- Electronic copies of all training materials
- Access to our Pootlers’ Facebook group, where you can get ongoing support and help
More WordPress Course Testimonials
Attended Jamie’s WordPress course at Cheltenham on the 23rd sept. The WordPress training course was superb. The content was just right and Jamie is very knowledgeable. Highly recommended. Thanks.
Attended the one day wordpress course in London. Jamie was very knowledgeable and the course content was just right. I now feel much happier using wordpress and feel that I could set up a wordpress site with no difficulty. I would recommend this course for anyone looking to learn how to use wordpress.
Great WordPress courses, easy to follow and understand, Jamie knows his stuff, highly recommended.
Excellent! I took part in Pootlepress’s WordPress for beginners course today in Manchester. The speed of the course was perfect and learning all made sense with the teaching style Jamie used. The course is very ‘hands-on’, so remember to bring your laptop as you will be using this to develop your own site to play with. I was part of a full class, from absolute beginners to some people owning websites for some years… It was a relaxed environment and I believe everyone left with knowledge to expand, develop and enhance their business / employer.
Just been on the one-day WordPress training course which Jamie ran in London. I’ve tinkered around with WordPress but not quite got my head around it, and this course put everything in perspective and made it all clear. Jamie is an excellent tutor, making sure everyone is keeping up. The hand on approach works well, and there’s lots of follow-up material. Well worth the money.
The one day WordPress course delivered by Jamie is perfect for getting to grips with the essential basics of what WordPress is and how it works. Jamie gets you going with hands on learning and takes you step by step through setting up and managing a site (using your own training site which you then can access for a year). By the end of the day you have everything you need to get going with confidence and some understanding of how to go about building more sophisiticated websites, which is exactly what I was wanting. If you’re pondering signing up for the course be assured it is very worth while.
Attended Jamie’s course in London. Very informative and clear, well-structured delivery. Learned loads and would strongly recommend to others.
I attended the one day WordPress training course in Edinburgh and left feeling entirely capable of building a usable website in WordPress. Jamie was a great teacher and catered to all ability levels with an informal relaxed style. Would fully recommend to anyone.
I recommend this WordPress course to anyone as it is such a great skill to have. I couldn’t believe how simple Jamie made everything look!
WordPress course Venue details
London WordPress course
MSE Meeting Rooms – Tottenham Court Road
1 Tottenham Court Road
Our London WordPress course is held at the MSE meeting rooms on Tottenham Court Road. These are located directly opposite the Tottenham underground station with easy access to the capitals new Elizabeth (Crossrail) line and Oxford Circus underground stations 500 yards. The MSE meeting rooms feature air conditioning and super fast wifi. It’s a great place to run a WordPress training course in the centre of London.
Edinburgh WordPress course
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Edinburgh Airport
Edinburgh International Airport,
Our Edinburgh WordPress course is held a short walk from Edinburgh Airport. The Double Tree by Hilton has air conditioned meeting rooms and super fast wifi.
Manchester WordPress course
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester Piccadilly
One Piccadilly Place,
1 Auburn Street
Birmingham WordPress course
80 Cambridge St
Our Birmingham WordPress course is held at the IET in Birmingham. This is a 15 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station. The meeting rooms are all air-conditioned with super fast wifi.
Cheltenham WordPress course
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
Our Cheltenham WordPress course is held at the Jurys Inn in Cheltenham. This is a short 10 min taxi ride from Cheltenham train station. All meeting rooms feature air-conditioning and super fast wifi. There is free parking available.
WordPress course frequently asked questions
Is it easy to learn WordPress?
Yes it is. As long as you can use a computer then you’ll be able to build a fantastic website with WordPress after attending our course
Where can I learn WordPress?
We run courses throughout the UK in London, Edinburgh, Manchester and Cheltenham. We also run private WordPress courses and onsite training for companies and organisations.
Do you teach WordPress.org or WordPress.com?
We teach you how to build a website with WordPress.org. The main difference between the two flavours of WordPress is that WordPress.org gives you 100% control over your website, and you can install any WordPress theme or WordPress plugin. All will be explained on the day.
Do you need to code to use WordPress?
Nope. The good news is that you don’t need to learn any code whatsoever.
Do you offer follow on training after I've completed the 1 day group course?
Yes we offer a number of services for ongoing WordPress training.
We have a service called WordPress Xpress. This is private ‘one to one’ training where we sit ‘side by side’ and build your site with you in one day. We also offer private WordPress training courses, and onsite training for companies and organisations.
We also run on-site WordPress training courses. Over the past five years we’ve run on-site WordPress courses for The Guardian, The Telegraph, The NHS, A number of schools, and many more.
If you would like private WordPress training, we can also help.
What do I need for the Zoom WordPress Course?
Ideally you’ll need 2 screens for the WordPress course run over Zoom.
– 1 screen to see my presentation (use this screen for zoom – this can be an iPad, laptop, desktop, Chromebook, or smartphone (although smartphone not ideal)
– 1 screen for the ‘hands-on’ element of the course. (this just needs access to the internet, a laptop, desktop, or Chromebook is fine) I will provide each of you with a link to your training website on the day.
Here’s a picture of a possible set up.
We already have a WordPress website, is this course suitable for me?
Yes, this course is great if you already have a WordPress website but you want to learn how to maintain and improve it. You’ll learn all the fundamental aspects of running of WordPress website, and the key steps to update it.
I'm a complete WordPress beginner, will I be able to build my own website after attending this course?
Yes absolutely, hopefully you’ll be amazed at what is possible with WordPress after just 1 days training. As long as you can use a computer you’ll be able to build a great looking website with WordPress after just one days training.
I'm want to start my own business building WordPress websites for a living – is this a good course for me?
Yes, we’ve had lots of clients over the years that have gone on to start their own website building businesses using WordPress, and this course will set you off on the right path, quickly.