Our 1 day WordPress course will give you the knowledge to create, manage and run a great WordPress website.
Only £125 + vat per person
Please contact me to be informed of new dates
Click here for venue details
"Everything I needed to know to get a professional, optimised and money earning web presence in less than six hours. I have spent thousands on websites in the past and had no idea that with WordPress, and some good coaching, I could be the master of my own online universe. Thanks Jamie."
Western Horse UK
"Pootlepress thank you for showing me such a fantastic new world and demystifying the world of website development. I have never attended such an exciting and eye opening training course. First class training and support."
Telegraph Media Group
"Pootlepress shows just how easy managing and building a website can now be. Manageable knowledge yet a huge amount of website power is the end result of the one day course. "
WordPress training course outline
- Time 10am – 4pm
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (PC, Mac or Chromebook) as the course is ‘hands-on’
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website,
- The course is also great if you have an existing website and you want to learn how to maintain and improve it.
- Attendees get a WordPress training site to learn on during the day and for 1 year after the course
- All attendees get electronic copies of the training materials used throughout the day
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- How to set up a WordPress website in 15 mins
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- How to manage content in WordPress
- An explanation of content management in WordPress
- How to create professional looking pages and posts
- How to add links
- Inserting and embedding media – images, video, audio
- How to create and arrange menus
- How to monitor and moderate comments
- How to stop spam
How to make your site look great with WordPress themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- How to install themes
- Recommended themes
How to add functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
- Overview of plugins
- How to install plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to use plugins and widgets to improve your website’s functionality
Search Engine optimisation
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- Best practices when linking
- How to make sure your WordPress website is secure
- How to back up your WordPress website
How to take advantage of the social web
- How to sharing your content on other social networks
- Auto-posting to Twitter
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
"I walked into the workshop a complete novice, 6 hours later, I left confident that I could finally have a website! I’m blown away by how simple it is to build and manage your own website using WordPress. A month later I completed a professional looking website that I can mantain myself without the expense, confusion and bugs.”
"In one day, I understood the framework on the workings of WordPress. Jamie has a logical and systematic approach to teaching and this gave me the confidence to design and create my website and blog. I now have a fully functioning site, which I know I can develop as needs arise. I highly recommend Pootlepress – a cost effective way in which to set up your website quickly without too much heartache!"
Ant Design Gifts
"Pootlepress is great! Not only can you do a one day course in wordpress. Jamie, will also come to your house and set up a website in less than a day at a very reasonable price. They had found a necessary gap in the market to help start up companies and individuals realise their dreams with WordPress."
Voice over artist
"Great guy and great teacher. I highly recommend Jamie’s Pootlepress One Day Training Day course. It was comprehensive, informative and great value for money. I came away from the day having learnt invaluable skills, taking me from a relative beginner to building my own website, all in one day. Thank you again Jamie."
Board Account Director
Following this course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Step by step video tutorials of the course
- Electronic copies of all training materials
Recent Facebook reviews
MSE Meeting rooms
103a Oxford St,
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Edinburgh Airport
Edinburgh International Airport,
80 Cambridge St
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
The WordPress training course is run by me Jamie Marsland. I’m the founder of Pootlepress. PootlePress are passionate about WordPress.
I've trained over 2500 people on WordPress in the past 4 years, we have over 950 members to our online training Academy and our plugins are used by thousands of customers worldwide.
I've helped individuals, small organisations and major brands and I'm also currently running WordPress courses for the Guardian as part of their digital masterclass series.
If you would like to hear what past attendees have to say about the course here are 100 wordpress training course testimonials. If you have any questions about the course, please email me at email@example.com or call/text me on 07909 449 617.
Book your place today
Select your date and venue below and click on the large 'Book' button. It will take you to Paypal to pay. If you don't have a Paypal account you can pay as a guest via Paypal, with any credit or debit card. If you can only pay via invoice please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment.
WordPress training course dates