Our 1 day WordPress course will give you the knowledge to create, manage and run a great WordPress website.
Only £125 + vat per person
|25th March||London||SOLD OUT|
|1st April||London||SOLD OUT|
|8th April||Cheltenham||SOLD OUT|
Click here for venue details
Book your place today
Select your date and venue below and click on the large 'Book' button. It will take you to Paypal to pay.
If you don't have a Paypal account you can pay as a guest via Paypal, with any credit or debit card.
If you can only pay via invoice please email email@example.com to arrange payment.
Attended the 1 day WordPress course in London on Monday and all I can say is "WOW!".
The WordPress course was exactly what I needed and I learnt so much in the time that I was there.
I attended a 1 day WordPress training course with Jamie and it was brilliant. Interactive and easy to follow, you will walk away from the course knowing how to build your own website and the best way to do it.
I attended the 1 day Wcourse at Cheltenham, I had no knowledge of WordPress at the start and came away feeling totally confident, Jamie teaching style is superb.
What attendees say about the WordPress course
"Everything I needed to know to get a professional, optimised and money earning WordPress website in less than six hours. I have spent thousands on WordPress websites in the past and had no idea that with WordPress, and some good coaching, I could be the master of my own online universe. Thanks Jamie."
Western Horse UK
"Pootlepress thank you for showing me such a fantastic new world and demystifying the world of website development. I have never attended such an exciting and eye opening training course. First class training and support."
Telegraph Media Group
"Pootlepress shows just how easy managing and building a WordPress website can now be. Manageable knowledge yet a huge amount of website power is the end result of the one day course. "
WordPress training course outline
- Time 10am – 4pm
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (PC, Mac or Chromebook) as the course is ‘hands-on’
- All attendees get electronic copies of the training materials used throughout the day.
- This WordPress course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website or if you have an existing website and you want to learn how to maintain and improve it.
- No experience required. This course is great for beginners and for those that have some experience with WordPress.
- As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
How to set up WordPress
- Introduction to WordPress
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- How to install and set up a WordPress website in 15 mins
How to use the new WordPress Block Editor
- How to use the new Gutenberg Editor
- How to add Blocks
- How to create advanced layouts with the new Block Editor
- How to create professional looking pages and posts
- How to add links
- Inserting and embedding media – images, youtube video, audio
- Top 10 Blocks to use
How to publish posts, pages, images and video
- An explanation of Pages and Posts
- How to manage content in WordPress
- How to use Categories and Tags
- An explanation of content management in WordPress
Structuring your WordPress website
- How to create and arrange navigation menus
- How to use WordPress widgets
- How to create a blog with WordPress
- How to create a website
- How to create a website with a blog
- How to monitor and moderate comments
- How to stop spam
How to make your site look great with WordPress themes
- Themes and how can you use them
- How to install themes
- How to customize the design of your website
- How to tell what themes other websites are using
- Top 10 recommended themes
How to add functionality to your site with WordPress plugins
- Overview of WordPress plugins
- How to install WordPress plugins
- 5 top WordPress plugins and what they do
- How to set up an online shop
- How to use plugins to improve your website’s functionality
Search Engine optimisation
- How to rank better on Google
- How to make sure your website is optimised for Search Engines
- Use ‘pretty url’s’ that will improve ‘click through’ rates
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it’s important
- How to add meta descriptions in your content to improve ranking
- How to SEO optimise your images
- How to create Rich Snippets in the search results page
- Best practices when linking
- How to make sure your WordPress website is secure
- How to back up your WordPress website
How to take advantage of the social web
- How to sharing your content on other social networks
- Auto-posting to Twitter
- Adding ‘Share’ buttons
- How to add a newsletter
- How to integrate your content with Twitter and Facebook
"I walked into the WordPress course a complete novice, 6 hours later, I left confident that I could finally have a WordPress website! I’m blown away by how simple it is to build and manage your own website using WordPress. A month later I completed a professional looking website that I can mantain myself without the expense, confusion and bugs.”
"In one day, I understood the framework on the workings of WordPress. Jamie has a logical and systematic approach to teaching and this gave me the confidence to design and create my website and blog. I now have a fully functioning site, which I know I can develop as needs arise. I highly recommend Pootlepress – a cost effective way in which to set up your website quickly without too much heartache!"
Ant Design Gifts
"Pootlepress is great! Not only can you do a one day course in WordPress. Jamie, will also come to your house and set up a website in less than a day at a very reasonable price. They had found a necessary gap in the market to help start up companies and individuals realise their dreams with WordPress."
Voice over artist
"Great guy and great teacher. I highly recommend Jamie’s Pootlepress One Day WordPress Training course. It was comprehensive, informative and great value for money. I came away from the day having learnt invaluable skills, taking me from a relative beginner to building my own website, all in one day. Thank you again Jamie."
Board Account Director
Following this course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets
- Step by step video tutorials of the course
- Electronic copies of all training materials
- Access to our Pootlers' Facebook group, where you can get ongoing support and help
The WordPress training course is run by me Jamie Marsland. I’m the founder of Pootlepress.
I've trained over 3500 people on WordPress in the past 7 years, we have over 950 members to our online training Academy and our plugins are used by thousands of customers worldwide. So we really know WordPress.
I've helped individuals, small organisations and major brands and I run WordPress courses for the Guardian Newspaper as part of their Digital Masterclass Series.
If you have any questions about the course, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me on 07909 449 617.
Recent Facebook reviews
London WordPress course
MSE Meeting rooms
103a Oxford St,
Our London WordPress course is held at the MSE meeting rooms near centre point on Oxford Street. These are located on Oxford Street. The nearest tube station is either Bond Street or Oxford Street station. The MSE meeting rooms feature air conditioning and super fast wifi. It's a great place to run a WordPress training course in the centre of London.
Edinburgh WordPress course
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Edinburgh Airport
Edinburgh International Airport,
Our Edinburgh WordPress course is held a short walk from Edinburgh Airport. The Double Tree by Hilton has air conditioned meeting rooms and super fast wifi.
Manchester WordPress course
Birmingham WordPress course
80 Cambridge St
Our Birmingham WordPress course is held at the IET in Birmingham. This is a 15 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station. The meeting rooms are all air-conditioned with super fast wifi.
Cheltenham WordPress course
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
Our Cheltenham WordPress course is held at the Jurys Inn in Cheltenham. This is a short 10 min taxi ride from Cheltenham train station. All meeting rooms feature air-conditioning and super fast wifi. There is free parking available.