My Beginners SEO course will teach you how to rank higher on Google
Only £75 (+ vat) per person
Next SEO course – June 15th – 2021
What you will learn
My beginners SEO course is great if you want to understand how you can improve your rankings in Google and drive more traffic to your website.
- How to rank higher in Google
- How to get more traffic from Google
- Understand the fundamentals of how Search Engines work
- What are keywords
- Learn how to research what keywords you should use
- Learn how to track your keyword ranking in Google
- Learn what keywords your competitors are ranking for , and how much traffic they are getting
- Learn how to outrank your competitors
- A practical plan on how to put together your content marketing plan
- Common mistakes to avoid
Book your place (only £75 + vat)
- December 1st – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (SOLD OUT)
- January 28th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (GMT) (SOLD OUT)
- February 25th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (GMT) (SOLD OUT)
- March 25th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (GMT) (SOLD OUT)
- April 20th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (GMT) (SOLD OUT)
- May 11th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (BST)(SOLD OUT)
- June 15th – Live and interactive online course (via zoom) 4pm – 7pm (BST)
Beginners SEO training course overview
- What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
- Why is Google so important
- Understanding the Google search results page (SERPs)
- How Google ranks your website
- The importance of keywords
- What are rich snippets and how you can use them
- How SEO is changing
- How to research what keywords you should use
- How to measure your potential search traffic for your keywords
- How to find out what search traffic your competitors are getting
- What is Long tail search and why it’s important for you
- How you can use blog posts to drive traffic to your website
How to SEO your website
- How to SEO your website
- How to optimise your content
- Using Page titles
- Using Heading tags
- What are Meta descriptions, why they are important and how to add them
- How to use internal links to tell Google what content is important
- How to optimise images and video
- How to add rich snippets to your pages
- What is cornerstone content
- How to do offsite SEO
- How to use Yoast SEO plugin
- How to use Rank Math SEO plugin
- How to make sure your website loads quickly for visitors
- The two best WordPress SEO plugins and how to use them on your website
Measuring SEO success
- How to make sure your website is working ok for Google
- How to set up Google Search Console so you can check for search errors
- How to set up Google Analytics so that you can track your traffic
- How to measure page speed and why it’s important
- How to check whether your website is mobile friendly
Question and answer session
I want to reserve part of the course so that you can ask specific questions related to your particular websites. So I’m setting aside 45 mins so that you have the opportunity to ask very specific questions, and I can provide help and solutions on the day. I’m sure the group will come up some great ideas as well :)
The SEO for beginners training course is run by me Jamie Marsland. I’m the founder of Pootlepress.
I’ve trained over 3500 people on WordPress and SEO in the past 7 years, we have over 950 members to our online training Academy and our plugins are used by thousands of customers worldwide.
I’ve helped individuals, small organisations and major brands.
I also run courses for the Guardian Newspaper as part of their Digital Masterclass Series and am a visiting lecturer at the Regents University as part of their Digital Media Degree course.
If you have any questions about the course, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me on 07909 449 617.
MSE Meeting Rooms – Tottenham Court Road
1 Tottenham Court Road
Our London WordPress course is held at the MSE meeting rooms on Tottenham Court Road. These are located directly opposite the Tottenham underground station with easy access to the capitals new Elizabeth (Crossrail) line and Oxford Circus underground stations 500 yards. The MSE meeting rooms feature air conditioning and super fast wifi. It’s a great place to run a WordPress training course in the centre of London.
The meeting rooms are just to the right of burger king!
Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Circus underground stations 500 yards.
Jurys Inn Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Manchester Piccadilly
One Piccadilly Place,
1 Auburn Street
Frequently asked questions
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine optimisation. It’s the method on how you get better rankings for your website pages in search engines like Google. Better rankings means you get more traffic.
Is the SEO course technical?
Nope don’t worry. I’ll explain everything in simple terms so that you’ll understand how Google works, how it ranks websites and how you can make your website pages rank better.
Shouldn't I just outsource my SEO?
In my experience you’ll get better results if you do this yourself. Even if you do decide to outsource your SEO it makes sense to understand the key principles behind it.
SEO for beginners course
How to rank higher in Google
How to get more traffic from Google
Understand the fundamentals of how Search Engines work
What are keywords
Learn how to research what keywords you should use
Learn how to track your keyword ranking in Google
Learn what keywords your competitors are ranking for , and how much traffic they are getting
Learn how to outrank your competitors
A practical plan on how to put together your content marketing plan
Common mistakes to avoid