December 1, 2015 at 1:02 pm #25912
1. How do I have my website on a privacy setting so its not out there until I’m ready?
2. I’ve got 4 pages which are listed in the menu bar but they are not in the order that I want even though when I go to the dashboard to rearrange them they are in the correct order there.
3. How do I have the Text widget with a location map showing on the contact us page only?
4. How do I download wordpress Facebook, twitter and instagram plugins? I’ve downloaded one wp Facebook plugin, but I’m not sure its the one I want …..! Can you recommend the best plugins for these?
5. And during the one day course we talked about a theme – Canvas – I don’t seem to be able to find it as a theme (freedown load) on its own.December 1, 2015 at 1:09 pm #25913
Here are your answers..
1) Use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-maintenance-mode/
2) Make sure you have selected a menu position (look under your menu items in the menu edit screen)
3) Use this plugin http://www.woothemes.com/woosidebars/
4) Here’s the twitter one https://blog.twitter.com/2015/twitter-plugin-wordpress. And this looks like a good one for instagram https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/instagram-feed/
5) Canvas is a commercial theme available from http://www.woothemes.com. We are also close to releasing our own highly customizable theme. This should ready in the next week :)December 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm #25914
I shall work through your advice now, but re Q5 – Canvas – I thought it was a free download? As far as I can tell there are only two free canvas based themes for free, mystyle and bueno, not Canvas original. So, I’m currently working using Highland – how do I put a picture in the header bar – I can change the colour, add pictures, but I can’t find where to download an image to fill that profile icon. Grrrr! Do you lot do this on purpose?!December 1, 2015 at 1:30 pm #25915
Nope Canvas is a commercial theme,
Sorry I’ve not used the Highland theme before so Im not sure whether it’s possible to add a picture to the header bar,
If it’s a good theme it should have some documentation that you can refer to,
JamieDecember 1, 2015 at 1:40 pm #25916
Next one, I’ve downloaded the woo sidebar plugin in order to hide the text widget on all pages but of the contact page, but where do I go click on that instruction. Its not obviously in settings …..December 1, 2015 at 4:06 pm #25927
The easiest way is to create a new widget area and apply that to you contact page.
Check out tutorial 9 here http://jamiemarsland.wpengine.com/2012/09/woodojo-from-woothemes-an-indepth-video-walkthrough/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.