18 tags customise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philippa Firth
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

A couple of questions – any chance you can answer them before the close of play?

1. I can’t customise my home page blog to have two columns. I’ve followed your instructions but to no avail.

2. Re: Mega Menu. I can’t get that to activate. Do you have to have an even number of sub-divisions for this to work? I can’t find the mega menu box to tick even.

3. Is it possible to change the colour of the background where the social media icons are sitting?

Very many thanks
    Philippa

Does 18 tags support a static first page so I can’t have 2 columns/blogs?

Jamie Marsland
    Keymaster

Hi Philippa,

There’s tutorials on this page http://jamiemarsland.wpengine.com/shop/18-tags/

Let me know if any of those don’t answer your questions,

Jamie

Philippa Firth
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I followed the tutorials before asking the questions ….

1. In 18 tags, can the home page have two invisible columns and when you click on the image so that it links to, for example, job vacancy information on one side and click on a separate image to link to candidate information on the other? If this is possible, how?

2. Can’t get the mega menu to work – would it be because I don’t have enough subdivisions?

3. I don’t think you cover the colour of the bar where the social media icons sit …….

Q1 is the most important!

:) philippa

Jamie Marsland
    Keymaster

Hi Philippa, here are those answers..

1. In 18 tags, can the home page have two invisible columns and when you click on the image so that it links to, for example, job vacancy information on one side and click on a separate image to link to candidate information on the other? If this is possible, how?

You’d need to look at the plugin for this kind of functionality. The theme doesn’t do anything like this (the theme is just the design)

2. Can’t get the mega menu to work – would it be because I don’t have enough subdivisions?

Yes the might be the case

3. I don’t think you cover the colour of the bar where the social media icons sit …

You can change the color of this by changing the color of the secondary navigation background colour

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top