I’m wanting to totally redesign one of my websites, and only have things go live when everything is done (instead of tweaking things and publishing/updating as I go).
How do I do this? Do I need to buy another website address and hosting package as a dummy account and then transfer it across at the end or is there another way? Or a space somewhere in cyberspace that one can build in?
Oh brilliant – thanks Jamie. Sorry for not realising you already had the info up!
I wanted to double check something but can’t see how to ask a question on the post…
If I follow these instructions –
1) I assume I can always revert back to the original design by simply repointing it at the original shell?
2) will doing this affect my Google analytics – I.e. Will I lose all that wonderful data. Not that I look at it too often, but you never know
3) will this affect my SEO/ google rankings as it’s technically on a different site/location?
1) Yes you can repoint the domain name after
2) I believe you’ll keep all your historical analytics data
3) As long as you keep the same domain name, with the same page titles etc and downtime is minimal, it shouldn’t effect your ranking
Thanks again Jamie
Just going through your video steps – I realize they are for a ‘reseller’, which I’m not at the moment. However, given that I have 4-5 websites, it seems that signing up for the reseller package is a much cheaper and more practical option – would you agree? Also if you do agree, anything I should know before signing up? i.e. any difficulties to move domains over to new hosting package, any difficulties managing and accessing domains using this interface?