April 10, 2014 at 9:13 pm #12497Faisal ArabiParticipant
I am in the process of developing an e-commerce site using WooCommerce and Canvas Theme, and trying to get some answers/guidelines to the following questions. Note: There are templates (not from woothemes) which gives me most off the features OOTB. However, I would prefer to use Canvas theme (and few plugins).
Will WooCommerce + Canvas theme support the following, with minimum customization/development?
1) Build Primary Navigation’ based on Product Categories and Sub-Categories (I think the answer is an ‘yes’).
2) The Main Categories and Sub-Categories would be as below:
——>New York City
Clicking on the main Category (example: ‘Mens’) should take me to a page which displays all products categorized as Mens. The left column on the page should display all the Sub Categories (Ankle, Animal, Bike, etc), which can be used as a filter. I am having difficulty understanding the best approach to do this. Should I use shortcodes on a page or use widgets or is there any other way to implement this?
3) Clicking on Ladies->Novelty should display all products under that category.
4) Ability to Zoom a product image. Is this supported by Canvas or should I use additional plugins?
5) Quick view of the product in a light box, with ability to ‘Add to Cart’ from within the light box. Is this supported by Canvas or should I use additional plugins?
6) Display related products (on a product page) as a slider. Is this supported by Canvas or should I use additional plugins?
Any tips, suggestions, references will be greatly appreciated.
FaisalApril 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm #12527Jamie MarslandKeymaster
Here are your answers :)
1) Yes Canvas will do this
2) I would use dynamic sidebar (woosidebar manager) to do this
3) Yes this is standard woocommerce use of categories
4) You will need an additional woocommerce plugin for zooming. Take a look at http://wordpress.org/plugins/zwoom-woocommerce-product-image-zoom-extension-by-wisdmlabs/
5) Lightbox is supported by Canvas but not add to cart within lightbox. Let me know if you find a solution to this one
6) Can you point to any example sites of how you would like the related products slider to look/function.
Let me know if that all makes sense :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.