1. Site Icon: With the SoSimple theme, under customise, if I upload an image for the site icon, save and publish, I still can’t see it. Will I only see it once the website is live? If not please advise.
2. When inserting media (photos) please can you remind me the importance of filling in URL, title, caption, alt text and description. Do I need to fill them all in?
3. How do I back my website up?
4. How do I adjust line spacing?
5. How do I put add a scrolling gallery? The SoSimple theme offers a gallery, but not a scrolling one – can this be done through a plugin or something?
1) It should be showing as a little favicon in the tab
2) title is for google, alt text is for google and more importantly accessibility
3) Line spacing is set by your theme.
4) Yes you’ll need a gallery plugin . Here’s a great one nextgen gallery
RE filling the fields in for the photos – yes that makes sense, I’ve found it – I appreciate the wording is important so do I just put key words in, in this case soup – or do I put the website name in?
1) Nextgen gallery – yes theme independent – check out their tuts
2) Favicon – that is to do with your theme – so check theme documentation
3) Comments – go to dashboard / comments (approve it)
4) Photos – describe what the photo is