No, I’ve updated the framework, but I’m using 1.3.5, although I know it’s on 1.5.0 now. I’m a bit afraid to update it, as I tried to do this with another site and although it still listed all of my updates on the custom.css, they no longer appeared on the main site. I tried clearing the cache, but the site had reset to the old styling. Maybe I went wrong somewhere??
Do you think updating will solve the problem of the disappearing menu? I’ve added a simplified menu widget for now on the homepage and sidepanels, but it’s not ideal.
I’ve already got a child theme activated on there, so that seems okay. I’ve updated the theme and viewed the site on IE Tester and still no top menu – there’s only a three horizontal line button, like you get on mobile menus – although, this doesn’t open properly.
What’s confusing me, is that I built a related site using Whitelight 1.3.5 with the same styling: http://www.acupuncturecoursesonline.com and the top menu appears in earlier versions of IE for that site. This made me think that I must have altered some css at some point, so I’ve compared the custom.css, stylesheet.css and layout.css of each to see if there are any differences, but everything looks fine. Also used Firebug to check both header areas and can’t see any difference.