Tagged: woothemes apply theme
May 21, 2013 at 3:29 pm #8693
1. I seem to be having trouble displaying the featured slider, I have uploaded some sample pics, enabled the slider for the home page, hopefully configured the settings, but nothing is displaying. Can you help? (I’ve tried following a couple of youtube videos also, but the versions of wordpress aren’t up to date, so can’t follow step-by-step exactly).
Also is there a preferred size for the slider as this isn’t obvious and how would text display to the left hand side of it as in the woothemes demo? (or does the text need to be part of the picture)
2. The theme has various .css files for the colourways of the theme, how would I amend one of those to ‘gold’ colour ways and add a .css of my own to accommodate, as ‘gold’ is one of our clients corporate colours so the theme would benefit from it (I have presently set to organ.css colour ways)
3. How would I make the colour of the footer the same as the header?
Is any of the above possible within this theme do you think?
(I hope this isn’t too many questions)
site is: fledevelopment.co.uk
JonathanMay 23, 2013 at 9:22 am #8707
Hi Jamie, have you been able to look at this and provide a solution, as need to move this on?
thanksMay 23, 2013 at 12:47 pm #8708
Let’s start with the slider – I not that familiar with the Appply Theme but am assuming that you need add slides, are you using the featured image when uploading pics to your sliders?
Once we get the slider working then we’ll move on to the css
JamieMay 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm #8709
pics i’m using for the slider are the 3 business pics that I’ve uploaded. When you refer to ‘featured image’ what do you mean (is that my images or one incorporated within the theme from woothemes?)
thanksMay 23, 2013 at 5:39 pm #8710
I’ve got the slider working Jamie at fledev.co.uk – I think it must’ve been a server issue, however have configured wordpress on different servers now and it’s running much more smoothly. I’ll build the framework for the site again on this domain, however need to look at the other queries I had regarding the .css file for the colour scheme and the footer styling.. thanksMay 23, 2013 at 6:47 pm #8711
You will need quite a bit of custom css for what you are after :)
I’m working on a CSS tutorial but in the mean time here is a starter for you http://www.w3resource.com/web-development-tools/firebug-tutorials.php
I hope that helps somewhat,
JamieJune 2, 2013 at 6:31 pm #8779
Hi Jamie, I’ve managed to handle the css and the slider thanks, as you will see from fledevelopment.co.uk, however I’m encountering the following problems with wordpress (this is most probably because I’m a novice).
1. Only the home page displays, it gives a 404 error when trying to view other pages.
2. Having difficulty adding the ‘features’ function to the framework/home page detailed at http://docs.woothemes.com/document/appply/#section-5, as don’t understand the insertion of coding required and where exactly it goes. You can see the three columns of features in the link above or at the demo page: http://demo2.woothemes.com/?name=appply
3. Is it normal for the homepage not to display in my list of pages, or should a separate one be created?
Please can you help! (I’m sure once I’ve managed to get through these initial obstacles, it will all be more obvious to me!)
JonathanJune 2, 2013 at 6:43 pm #8781
Those 404’s look like a server issue to me. Who are you hosting with? I’ve see this with a client website before but can’t remember the web host.
JamieJune 2, 2013 at 7:46 pm #8782
currently 4dinternet (the pages aren’t showing on the server/ftp), however I’ve have been discussing changing servers with heart internet this week as suspected it to be a hosting issue. (I did mention that you had recommended them). I think it will be far easier for problems to be rectified if with the same hosts. Thanks. (However, I still have the other issues to investigate)June 3, 2013 at 12:30 pm #8788
I suspect the other issues (sliders not showing) might also be related to hosting issues – so I recommend resolving hosting first.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.