Tagged: canvas magazine template
February 10, 2015 at 6:30 pm #18478
A couple of questions! Here is the live site I am working on and trying to edit. 1. I am trying to build out my blog so that it has a little photo in front of each blog listing – I can’t seem to be able to do this? 2. I have made my blog magazine format but it doesn’t seem to be acting in magazine format, I am not sure what I have done. However, the previous page which I also made magazine format, does seem to be in magazine format. In both cases, I can’t get the small photo to show with the advert. This is what I am trying to get to: http://www.sharonbaylay.com/news/ 3. I am getting a green screen with quite a few of the videos on the Canvas V5 Masterclass as well as the Masonry effect video by Nick. I am not sure if this is me? I have tried reloading the page etc.
4. In one of the tutorials, you mention a testimonials page. The masterclass is on version 5 and I am on version 6 and I can’t see a feedback template on the site. Do you have video for version 6 yet? Sorry for all the questions but I am really motivated after the course and I am trying to do what I can remember whilst learning more :) Thanks AnnaFebruary 12, 2015 at 8:06 am #18501
Here are some answers :)
1) To create the magazine layout. Create a page and select the magazine page template. just make sure in reading settings for posts you don’t have a page selected.
2) Green screen. Let me know if you are still getting this. All looks fine this end.
3) Testimonials page. WooThemes have now released a testimonials plugin that should do the trick for you. Here’s the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/testimonials-by-woothemes/. To be honest we never use it, we just layout testimonials on a page as we would any normal page :)
I’ll be updating the Canvas tutorial on the Academy as soon as Canvas Version 6 is released :)
Hope those help,
jamieFebruary 12, 2015 at 9:53 am #18502
Thanks Jamie. Number 1 now works – thank you :). The green screen seems to be solved if I use another PC. I will checkout the testimonials.
Just one question left which was around having a photo next to the blog post – I have added photos but the photos don’t pull through as thumbnails.
AnnaFebruary 12, 2015 at 3:50 pm #18509
Try uploading a photo as a featured image (bottom right) when creating a post.
Let me know if that works,
jamieFebruary 12, 2015 at 5:07 pm #18514
Weirdly, it still isn’t working. I had tried the featured image and I can upload the image and it shows as there but still it doesn’t show. I tried it on two posts and neither shows. I am not sure if I am supposed to click anywhere else to enable it?February 12, 2015 at 5:09 pm #18515
hmm sounds like you are doing everything right. Could you email me your login details and i’ll have a look for you :)
JamieFebruary 12, 2015 at 5:14 pm #18516
Thanks Jamie. Email sent :)February 12, 2015 at 5:19 pm #18517
Ok all fixed. I think it was just a glitch in the latest version of Canvas where you have to go to Canvas Settings and click save on dynamic images.
Let me know if that’s all working for you :)
ps the sites looking good – nice work!February 12, 2015 at 5:41 pm #18518
Brilliant, thanks Jamie – all fixed now. It’s been driving me crazy!!! I am feeling really inspired after the course so thanks for the quick turnaround and fix :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.