301 redirects

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jamie Marsland 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Jamie,

One of the current websites I have works really well in being found by clients and does and generates quite a good revenue stream.However its not a WordPress site, so I want to update it to WordPress so it has sexy upmarket theme, more functionality for the user and so I can build a shop on there too. My huge concern is that a new site with the current domain name will drop in the rankings and lose me money. So how could I do a new WordPress site with my domain name and keep my ranking? I have heard of 301 redirects and you mentioned it on your course in Cheltenham.

How can I do this?

Jamie Marsland
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

This is one way to do it https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-301-redirects/

Kind regards,
    jamie

Thanks Jamie,
    I will let you know how I get on once I have built the site. I have to say coming to your course at The Tivoli was the best thing I ever did. We have been able to break down our services and have dedicated sites for the customer we are trying to attract. I have since built 3 sites and am now at the half way point.HUGE THANKS!

Jamie Marsland
    Keymaster

Hi Karen,

That’s great news – thanks for letting me know – it means a great deal to hear that the wordpress training courses have a real impact :)

j

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.