Welcome to my SEO and WordPress e-learning videos.[box]The following videos will give you the knowledge of what factors Google uses to rank your website, how to conduct your keyword research, and how you can optimise your website to be ‘search engine friendly’. [/box]
These videos are best watched full screen by clicking this icon once the video is playing. If you have any questions about this tutorial please post them in the forum[hr]
If you enjoy this Pootlepress Academy tutorial please help us by spreading the word :)[twitter url=”http://www.pootlepress.co.uk/wordpress-video-tutorials/” style=”horizontal” source=”pootlepress” float=”left”] [fblike url=”http://www.pootlepress.co.uk/wordpress-video-tutorials/” style=”standard” float=”left” showfaces=”false” width=”450″ verb=”like” font=”arial”][google_plusone href=”http://www.pootlepress.co.uk/wordpress-video-tutorials/” size=”standard” annotation=”none” language=”English (UK)”] [hr]
1) Introduction to the Google Search Results page
This tutorial introduces the Google Search Results page (2 min, 42 secs).[hr]
2) How does Google rank websites
This tutorial explains how Google ranks websites (3 min, 28 secs).[hr] [private Pootlepress Academy]
3) A great way to do your keyword research
This tutorial explains how to research which keywords to try and rank for (3 min, 25 secs).[hr]
4) How to check on your competitors
This tutorial explains how to check on your competitors (2 min, 55 secs).[hr]
5) How to create pretty urls that rank well
This tutorial explains how create pretty urls that rank well in Google (1 min, 50 secs).[hr]
6) How to use the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast to optimise your website
This tutorial explains how configure the best WordPress SEO plugin (7 min, 44 secs).[hr]
7) An SEO checklist
Here is a checklist to make sure your sites are optimised.
- Content: Page titles and a very important place to put your keywords
- Check you have filled in the WordPress SEO plugin meta description fields for all of your pages and posts
- Images: Check you give you images search engine friendly titles
- Check you have “” checked. This is found in Settings/Privacy in your dashboard
- Check you have changed your permalinks from the default settings. This is found in Settings/Permalinks
- Spend a lot of time on keyword research and competitor analysis. Spend more time on this than you think you should!
- Structure: The Page structure of your site is important as it helps Google index your site.
- Pages: Try to structure your pages properly. i.e each page title is a H1, next title should be a H2 and so on.
- Remember getting in coming links to your website is a key factor in getting good ranking
- Create brilliant websites. This sounds glib but it’s the best way to rank well. Remember Google is just trying to rank sites that create unique, interesting and informative content.
8) How track your results
Once you have embarked on improving your SEO then you are going to want to track your results and here are some tools to help you do this
- Check your ranking. It’s increasing difficult to check your ranking for certain keywords by just putting them into Google because Google is increasingly personalising the results it shows you. But here are a couple of options that will help you keep track of your ranking.
- Google Analytics – To track your visitor traffic and to check what keywords are sending you traffic.
- Google Webmaster tools – To track your site is being indexed properly by Google. This will highlight any technical problems you may have on your site.